View Single Post
Old February 21, 2014, 05:26 PM   #2
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I've been listening to the guys that were saying that they'll run a couple hundred rounds through their rifle and accuracy holds up. Hmmmm. Baloney.
"It happened to me" syndrome.

If it happened to me, once, it must apply to all people under all circumstances at all times.

The same sort of thing is what leads folks who were told that they survived a car accident because they WEREN'T wearing a seat belt to never wear one again.

I put 80 rounds through my .204, in a single session of fire-forming, prior to which I do not recall the last time it had been cleaned, proceeded to hunt and target shoot with it the rest of that season and the following 2 seasons without cleaning it and it continued to shoot 1/2" or better at 100 until last year when I finally cleaned it just because I figured it had been awhile and I'd try that "Copper solvent" stuff that my gun had never seen before.

The stuff is supposed to turn blue when it removes copper. It didn't turn blue. The gun still shot 1/2" or better after I cleaned it.

I therefore conclude that since my gun shoots very well with or without cleaning, every one who says theirs does not must be full of bologna. Hm, no that doesn't make sense either.

Page generated in 0.02324 seconds with 8 queries