View Single Post
Old January 4, 2013, 11:47 AM   #1
motorhead0922

What do WE want?

Gun opponents have lined up several changes they want to impose, such as:
-Background checks for private gun sales
-Magazine capacity restrictions
-Bans on scary-looking guns
-Etc, all the way up to the big one: round up all guns from the public and melt them

They have not hesitated to try to grab our freedoms. We need to grab back. Gun opponents think theirs is a one way street. It’s not. There is another thread that discusses new laws we can live with. I won't live with any new ones, unless other freedoms are restored.

I know some of you won’t like the idea of making a trade. But if legislation is going to pass anyway (and, no, it’s not a foregone conclusion), we need to get some repeals and reforms of current restrictions in the mix. The items I list below already restrict us.

What do we want? Here’s a start.

At the federal level:
-Extend and enhance definition of “continuous travel” to provide real protection for interstate travel by land, sea, and air
-Repeal bans for trains and buses.
-Repeal bans in post office, VA facilities, park buildings, and all other similar federal facilities and grounds
-Repeal Gun Free School Zones Act
-And the big one: Nationwide constitutional carry everywhere

At the state level (Missouri examples, your state needs will vary)
-Allow concealed carry in all schools, hospitals, polling places, etc. Basically remove most, if not all, of the restrictions in MO 571.107.

Help me out here. I know I’ve left some biggies off the list. Name some more specific legislation that needs to be passed, revised, or repealed.

Page generated in 0.03078 seconds with 8 queries