Thread: Reloading Kit
View Single Post
Old December 10, 2008, 07:38 PM   #15
armedtotheteeth

IM WAITING FOR THIS THREAD TO GET SENT TO (oops caps, too lazy to retype) the reloading forum, but,
to give a quick cost benefit analysis of reloading
For instance say loading 223.
you can go to top brass and get 1000 once fired () brass for 105 $
buy 3 pounds of H335 @ $20 a pound ( last i checked that was $60
1000 primers for about $40.
and 1000 FMJ cheap bullets for $70
add this up, for 275$ you can get 1000 rounds of 223 ammo made up. This is around what Would will cost you to buy wolf or something like it. The brass is reloadable say about 10 times if you anneal your brass about every 3 shots.
I dont know if it really saves me all that much money, but it gives me something to do besides drink beer and scratch my Great Dane. It also gives me Match quality ammo at a cheaper price than I can get anywhere.
It is a very rewarding hobby. I hope it becomes more popular than it is right now, I also hope yalls ( not mine) up and coming president leaves reloaders alone and doesnt implement some stupid microstamping law or something like it. Some of my most memorable moments in life involve me, my dad , and my granpaps sitting on the reloading bench making a zillion 30-06 bullets, or whatever and Bsing about how we can hit a Fleas butt at 500 yards with this new bullet we got at the General store. I fear our hobby is in danger. Pick it up, show your friends how too, and your kids.
Ok Im rambling, Ill go scratch the dog and have another cold one

Oh I have uses both the Digital caliper and the Dial. the dial is way better, and easier to read. You can read the dial alot easier such as how close you are to the needed length and whatnot. plus.. no dead batteries

Page generated in 0.03055 seconds with 8 queries