View Single Post
Old June 24, 2010, 01:21 PM   #2
for2nato

choose your favorite paint. in this case its my daughters hanna montanna pink. you will also need acetone (finger nail polish
remover). and a paper towel.

apply the paint in a heavy liquid coat to the area to be painted.

both paints mentioned here will begin to dry immediatly. so grab your credit card and use the flat edge to scrape the bulk of
the material off of the surface. wiping it off the card onto the paper towel. dont try to clean it all with the card. this is
where the acetone comes in.

let the paint dry for about 15 minutes. then wet the paper towel with the acetone. dont get it soaked you just want the
surface of the paper towel to be wet. dont use a rag on this part. you want the smooth surface of the paper towel so it isnt
digging into the engraving during the cleaning.
wipe the surface of the metal to remove the residual paint on the surface. dont rush this and if you need to re-wet the paper
towel then do so.

visually inspect the work to your satisfaction. some deaper engravings can take a second coat depending on the opacity of the
paint used. if it needs a second coat just repeat the steps above without the initial cleaning. here are some finished pics
of the guns. the pt-22 engraving is so fine that in the pics its barely visible that its colored. but i assure you that in
person it has a nice pink glow.

this is paint. so its semi permenant. i say semi because while regular oils like clp and remoil will not remove it. a product
like gun scrubber will. you can wipe over it with a rag sprayed in gun scrubber to clean your gun without the paint comming
off. but if you spray the heck out of your slide and start wiping it will start to remove the lettering job.

Page generated in 0.02526 seconds with 8 queries