View Single Post
Old January 14, 2014, 03:52 PM   #38
pturner67

semi_problomatic:

Gas tube is aligned...BCG slides over it just fine in the chamber...and now the gas block is aligned correctly over the hole in the barrel

Will brass rounds chamber if you release the bolt over a loaded mag after shooting steel? yes

Can you push brass rounds in your chamber? They should slide in easily with no pressure or even fall in with the upper vertical. Answer is yes, they slide in easily.

So did the BCG not fit, or did the bolt(s) not fit into the chamber? My friends' Spikes and KAC BCGs from my original post did not fit. But that seems to be an error on my part because my gunsmith friend put his Spikes BCG in and it fit fine.
-------

Will be testing in the next few evenings different rounds loaded into different PMAGs.

Gas block properly aligned over the hole in the barrel. Gas tube is clean and aligns with the BCG. Buffer is standard buffer (not the ST-T2/3 that I had before).

Where things currently stand: pull back the handle...insert loaded PMAG...release...fire AR...ejects just fine...but next round gets caught semi-sideways by the BCG and doesn't get chambered

Page generated in 0.03620 seconds with 8 queries