View Single Post
Old July 27, 2012, 12:08 PM   #16
Pianoguy

Isn't there something about these small 380s not having firing pin safeties? I thought I read somewhere that Ruger suggests that you not carry the LCP with one in the chamber becasue of this. I know the IO Hellcat (basically the same thing) has that in the manual because of the lack of any firing pin safety. Absolutly defeats the whole purpose of having one of these guns but if there is no safety and a good jarring will fire the gun, the manufacturers need to put it in writing to cover their butts. If this is the case, the longer trigger pull (and the proper holster) does help prevent an accidental discharge if it snags or you grab it wrong but really isn't the point.

I've seen the same disclaimers on revolvers for the same reason and not just with SAA 1873's etc.

And yes If I had one, manual or not, I'd have one in the chamber - racking the slide, disengaging manual safeties and all that stuff that keeps the gun safe defeats the whole purpose of having the gun for self defense when you really need it.

Page generated in 0.03496 seconds with 8 queries