View Single Post
Old November 10, 2011, 07:40 AM   #1
Don P

In The Home Carry

This from Massad Ayoob in a recent email message and mods it states share this at the bottom.
It has been discussed here about folks who carry at home and have a handgun on them as being paranoid. maybe this will cause those folks to rethink the point. So here for your reading,
Quote:
WHY WE CARRY GUNS
Posted: 09 Nov 2011 04:36 AM PST
A pleasant senior citizen couple living out the remainder of their golden years in a quiet, bucolic place.
A madman.
Bad combination. See the link below, sent to me this morning by a nationally respected police chief.
http://www.king5.com/news/Elderly-Hu...133395258.html
I am reminded of the two teen thrill killers who conned their way into the home of a beloved couple in Hanover, New Hampshire some years ago. Google “Zantop Murders.” The little fiends butchered that good man and woman like Jack the Ripper.
Not long before the atrocity, the same pair had surrounded a home in nearby Vermont, cut the power lines, and attempted the same thing. This time, though, they were met by a dad who protected his kids with a Glock drawn from his ever-present holster, and fled like the cowards they were.
There is, I submit, a lesson in this.
It’s why I carry a handgun at all times when on my own rural property. When a sudden, unprovoked attack comes, there won’t be time to run to the gun safe.
Condolences to the family and friends of the deceased. May others learn from their sacrifice, that it may not be repeated.
Share or Bookmark
As some stated in earlier disscusions where these folks living in a place that they should move from. I think not. Bad things can/will happen no matter where we live/work or travel to.
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.

Last edited by Don P; November 10, 2011 at 09:10 AM.

Page generated in 0.03398 seconds with 8 queries