View Single Post
Old March 23, 2006, 04:18 PM   #18
stephen426

Since almost everyone here uses the grip that Rob Leatham uses (Why not? He is a pro.), I will throw a monkey wrench into the works. When I am shooting my Glock 26, I sometimes hold the grip with my 4th and 5th fingers while pulling the trigger with my middle finger. My index finger is on the side of the gun more or less in line with the barrel. I came up with this method of shooting after reading about point shooting. Most people can easily point their index finger at an object and be very close to pointing directly at it. You can test this by identifying an object in the room. Close your eyes and point your finger to where you feel that object is. Most people will be fairly close to dead on target. Since combat distances are usually very short, this style of pointing makes for very rapid target acquisition while providing sufficient accuracy. The recoil on the 9mm Glock 26 is very easy to control and there is only room for a 2 fingered grip anyways.

For most of my target shooting, I use the grip that Rob Leatham uses. One thing most people here failed to mentioned is that the hand holding the gun is pushing forward while the supporting hand pulls back. This increases stability by keeping the gun under tension. One other thing is don't grip the gun to death unless you are really shooting a hand cannon. Gripping the gun too tight will affect accuracy and may cause your hand to tremble or fatigue more quickly.

Page generated in 0.02054 seconds with 8 queries