View Single Post
Old July 6, 2009, 10:41 PM   #200
OldMarksman
Staff

Quote:
NO. I DON'T KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS... Never said I did, just what I would do in this particular scenario.
And you believe that it is somehow not completely foolhardy to enter into irreversible, serious action that can alter your life forever without knowing those answers?

You said you will give chase. Do you have any idea at all what you would do upon intercepting the suspect?

Quote:
Seems like only YOU have all the right answers. I will leave the answer dept. to your exertise, (the resident genius).
Nope. Not at all. I said I know only the answer to one of the questions. The one about civil liability, which could ruin me and mine. There are ten others that I do not know the answers to.

And that's one reason why I wouldn't head out into the dark after someone....

Quote:
I guess you are going to look up all the regs and laws of your state before doing anything at that exact instant?
Come again? Who in his right mind would do that? The time to learn, the time to train, is before the eventuality.

I was about to describe an analogy about getting into an airplane with the idea of going somewhere and landing without first learning how the particular airplane performs, without developing a flight plan, etc., when I noticed MLeake's post. Upon reflection, a better analogy would be getting in and trying to take off without having any knowledge at all of the principles of flight.

Quote:
However, when this situation did occur, (in real time) there was no warning or time to look up the regs or laws. The guy was getting away.
Referring to the OP? We know that someone was shot, and we've heard what the shooter and his brother said. Do we know that someone was "getting away"?

Do what you want. With luck--quite a bit of luck, probably--your family just might come out OK. Hopefully, your actions, taken in the admitted ignorance of the answers to the critical pertinent questions, will not result in adverse action against the rights and ability of others to defend themselves lawfully, whatever happens to you.

Page generated in 0.02927 seconds with 8 queries