Thread: LePage Target
View Single Post
Old September 12, 2004, 08:23 AM   #1
mec

LePage Target

The Lepage company served the European Gentry from the Flintlock era to the early cartridge guns. The provided similarly configured target pistols and duelers providing both a means for their entertainment and a positive check on peerage overpopulation. Napoleon had a brace of flintlocks with rifled barrels. Pedersoli makes a fateful copy of the target pistols used in the mid 19th Century.
Got this one through Dixie Gunworks. Amazing two-day delivery time. This one is a popular competition pistol and won several medals this year at the MLIAC sanctioned world match. It's .44 caliber and uses .433 patch balls. Bore diameter is .455"

Placing the second finger on the trigger guard hook increases steadiness and enhances control of the set trigger. Twenty five yard results look like K-22. Model 17 targets

And I destroyed this computer virus with five consecutive shots at 28 yards.

The gun is boxed with an instruction booklet which is very generic across the entire pedersoli line and has very little information about the pistol. It also has a very comprehensive videotape that is more helpful than the manual
The Pedersoli web page has a world-wide list of distributors/service centers/parts depots. Flintlocks ETC is the USA branch. I checked them out for spare parts, the necessary special nipple wrench and a ball puller for the loading rod (included with the gun ). Response was totally satisfactory and lightening fast.

Practical off-hand accuracy is just a bit better than my Lyman Plains pistol and they seem about equal from a casual rest at 50 yards.

Page generated in 0.02227 seconds with 8 queries