View Single Post
Old February 27, 2013, 04:16 PM   #1
MLeake

PRO gun bill in Oregon

I just received this from Rep. Tim Freeman; you Oregon TFLers may want to check out his link.

Quote:
Rep Freeman <[email protected]>

1:44 AM (0 minutes ago)

to me

Greetings,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me on this very important issue. Currently none of the legislation regarding gun control appears to be helpful; because of this, I have proposed my own bill: HB3006 (some of you may recognize that as .30-06). This bill would protect our state from infringement on our Second Amendment rights by the Federal Government. Quite a few of my colleagues in both the House and Senate have signed on to the bill already. While some are angered by this bill, both the US and Oregon Constitutions are clear:

"US Constitution, Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

"Oregon Constitution Section 27:

Right to Bear Arms; Military Subordinate to Civil Power

The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence [sic] of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power[.]"

If you wish to view the bill online, please follow this link: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/201...verview/HB3006

As always, thank you for taking the time to stay involved in your state government. Remember, this is your State Legislature and I'm here to serve you. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact my office at 503.986.1402 or drop by for a visit.

Tim Freeman
State Representative, House District 2

Page generated in 0.03660 seconds with 8 queries