View Single Post
Old October 10, 2006, 05:43 PM   #1
taybri

RCBS Uniflow and 9mm glock data questionsloc

Is it possible to mount an RCBS Uniflow powder measure on top of a Lee powder through expander pistol die? Does someone make a thread adaptor for that?

Also, I just started loading 9mm for two Glocks, models 17, and 26. I bought a box of Berry's MFG plated 115 gr RN bullets. Later I realized that plated and jacket are not the same thing. About their own plated bullets, Berry's MFG website says to use load data for jacket rounds but stay away from max loads. -Fine. I chose data from my Lee Modern Reloading manual for the w231 powder I already stock for my .45acp load. The starting load for 115 gr jacketed 9mm is 4.3 gr. That won't even cycle my G26. (I didn't try it in my G17). I moved up to 4.7 grains and the 17 functions fine, but the 26 still fails to eject about 1/5of the rounds. 4.8 is the "NEVER EXCEED" data.

I gather from a friend in the know that the 26 uses a heavier recoil system and that may be at play here. Can someone recommend good economic published load data for a practice round that will cycle both pistols?

I load 9mm on a lyman turret press, which is faster than my craptacular lee pro 1000 in .45acp.

Page generated in 0.02793 seconds with 8 queries