Thread: .32 vs. .380
View Single Post
Old March 20, 2013, 12:41 AM   #30
volkstrm

Well as far as sub-caliber gun's go what about the 9mm Makarov?(9x18) Power wise its in between the 380acp & the 9mm. Closer to the 9mm. I don't know why they just don't make more new guns chambered in 9x18? The ammo makers would surely make more loads for it. C.D. already does. When I carry a bug I will carry my Makarov in FMJ with a hot military load in it. And I can tell you it has a good punch to it. There it also the very good CZ,83 put its not to small. If not my mak's then it my North American Arms in 380acp with FMJ hot loads. I like the weight of it when shooting hot loads & the reliability also. I always use FMJ when using a sub-caliber because I want to penetrate as far as that caliber will let me not just go in 3-5 inch & stop. After all its a under powered caliber to start with.As for as the 32acp round go's I don't think it will penetrate much at all with any load you can find. IMO. Thats my take on the sub-caliber 32,380,& the 9mm( makarov,9x18 that I added to this) thing. IMHO.

Page generated in 0.03191 seconds with 8 queries