View Single Post
Old November 23, 2006, 02:41 AM   #6
Red Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem33
That they(Vicky) was technically armed is a load of rubbish.

Are you saying then that she was not armed when she was shot?

Quote:
Horaruchi (spelled wrong) the shooter and his direct superiors should be serving several decades for that shooting, also the cowardly idiot that shot the boy and dog.

I agree.

Quote:
Several higher ups clear to Washington and the lying fools that set Randy up in the first place.....That my friends IMO was a terrible act only made worse by the powders that be dismissing it.

Yes, I agree, but hasn't it been the way U.S. government operated more or less since the very beginning?

In fact, hasn't it been the way virtually all governments in history operated more or less throughout the history?

Quote:
We have nor need this sort of thing in my country, again IMHO.

Again, I agree, but this sort of thing will continue to happen whether I like it or not, if the powers that be find it in their perceived interest to do so and they think they can get away with it with minimal cost.

After all, who foot the bill to Randy and his familiy after this?

Those who were either responsible or thought to be responsible or U.S. tax payers?

Quote:
Plenty of terrific law enforcement officials who should be screaming at the top of their voices against this type of atrocities, as it hurts all law folks everywhere.

Let's be reasonable on this one, how many U.S. soldiers screamed (figuratively speaking, will apply below to where appropriate) at the top of their voices against the rape and murder of the Iraqi girl and her family at the hands of a few (bad apples) of U.S. Army?

Or how many white Southern males screamed at the top of their voices against lynching of blacks during "Good Old Days"?

Or how many "liberal" newspapers screamed at the top of their voices against the abuse of freedome of press, through the instigation of lynching by their more opportunistic and mercenary colleagues by the means of politicized racist editorials during "Really Good Old Days"?

Or how many Americans screamed at the top of their voices against mistreatment of Natives by U.S. government?

There is such thing as "group solidarity", and it has little to do with any unversal, objective sense of "justice", but has much to do with protecting (or at least not intentionally damaging) the perceived collective interest of the members of the group.

Quote:
They don't dare in fear of their careers again IMHO.

I agree, and does this mean you believe they [plenty of terrific law enforcement officials] put their careers above justice? (By the way, who decides what is "just")?

Does this mean you believe they [plenty of terrific law enforcement officials] are more of mercenaries than heroes?

..........and if so, can you blame them?

Would you do any different if you were in their place?

Do you believe most members of this forum would do any different if they were in their [those plenty of terrific law enforcement officials] place?

Last edited by Red Grant; November 23, 2006 at 06:28 AM.
Red Grant is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03148 seconds with 8 queries