View Single Post
Old September 20, 2011, 08:51 AM   #20
9mm1033

I've shot USPSA and IDPA and this is my take on IDPA. Aside from the different rules, the gun doesn't really matter, it's the shooter behind the gun. Most shooters are men and a few females periodically. The match involves (the) guys competing to get the best score in front of their fellow shooters. The "testosterone" flies. Some are very fast, but put holes everywhere. Others are slower, more precise in their movements and score better. After a few matches you'll see the competitors, the shooters, and those just there to get away from the wife for a few hours. It's a mental game. If you are capable of the slowing the game down in your mind, follow the stage rules, and shooting YOUR preferred handgun to the best of your ability, you'll have fun. Don't be afraid to try different handguns. You'll discover which suits you best for IDPA. If you're curious, I tried my tricked out (for USPSA) XD9 Tactical and my stock 9mm Sig P229. After a couple matches using each gun, I found my Sig worked best for me. Everyone is different, don't feel you have to be a part of the Glock crowd, etc.

Page generated in 0.02362 seconds with 8 queries