View Single Post
Old January 21, 2000, 05:17 PM   #13
Trigger Jerk

Not one of those previous ideas is a bad one. I guess the point is that I think it's hard to pick out a range bag for someone else. But just to get in on the conversation, I'll tell you what I use, and have used. I have used a free 5 gallon bucket with a tool liner (about $12. I then made a padded seat for it and I have a place to sit as well as keeping all my crap in one place. this was my favorite setup for IPSC. I also have two sizes of plastic tool boxes that I find great for supplies like staple guns pasters, etc, but I don't like them for ammo and guns. Then I have a small travel bag (about the same size as the canvas military tool bag) that works great for taking one pistol to the range for a little practice or load testing. I have one that is a little larger that works great for taking two to three pistols for the same purpose. For more than 2 or 3 pistols, I load up the aluminum hard case (s) and plastic tool box for it's junk and usually 50 cal ammo cans for ammo. I also have a Dillon range bag and think it's great, but it seldom leaves the tailgate. It will keep a lot of stuff together. It has lots of pockets and compartments which is the kind of thing I think is cool.

If you are ready to spend bucks on a real life range bag, great, then do it...but if you are not quite sure what will fit your needs, maybe you should go el cheapo for a while and figure out what works for YOU.

Page generated in 0.03601 seconds with 8 queries