View Single Post
Old June 2, 2013, 10:48 AM   #25
Spats McGee
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestarlizzard
The article came off as a nasty bit of ranting by a spoiled brat who isn't getting his way.
Yes, it did.

I was also struck by how quickly he tried to establish the "rightness" of his claims, simply by stating the following:
Quote:
I am not a New York gun control liberal, either. I support a shotgun for home defense, a handgun for limited conceal/carry, and an assortment of hunting rifles to balance West Virginia's exploding deer population (as evidenced by hourly collisions with cars). So, I am hardly out of the mainstream.
Perhaps I should know the name of this particular argument, but it escapes me at the moment. It amounts to "everyone agrees with me, so I must be right."

I was also struck by how quickly he resorted to ridiculing those who oppose his views:
Quote:
But, the gun safety debate is B.S. This foaming at the mouth, Obamar is coming for the guns, Nanny Bloomberg is a bad billionaire, and most despicable of all, those survivors and victims are pawns in the liberal agenda is knuckle-dragging Cretan talk.

Page generated in 0.03766 seconds with 8 queries