View Single Post
Old October 11, 2012, 08:28 PM   #10
A pause for the COZ

Cant tell you how it shoots yet. Still waiting for my Upper to ship. Two more weeks they said today. They wanted to know if I still wanted it.
I said Heck yea get it here.!!!!

I think if people keep realistic notions about what to expect from the 300 AAC Black out, Your likely to be pleasantly surprised with what you get.
If your looking to get a new kind of .308 win, then your likely to be disappointed.
If your like me and think it will be the perfect new 30 carbine. Then your going to be very happy.

Here is what works for me.
I can order the upper with out a bolt carrier group and get to shooting for very little initial out lay. ( I already have a AR in 223)
Then I can build as the budget permits.

I already have a built in Brass supply. I have in excess of 5000 5.56 cases under the bench. ( try that with 7.62x39)

The only extra thing for reloading I needed to buy was the dies. Shel plates and all the other stuff already fits.

The best part for me is that I can reload these for the same price as I can 223.

If you are like me and have a 16 year old with buddies. it does not take to long for them to shoot you out of house and home.

One way to save on the out lay is to use cheap to buy 124gr .310 pulls. I can get them for about $90 for 1000

Run them through a LEE .308 push through sizer.

Then you end up with a good cheap plinking load. I think on my math I have it to about $4 for a box of 20.
They shoot good too.
I use them in 7.62x39, 7.62x54R, 308Win and 30-30 bolt gun.

Then if I want load some premium stuff I can do that too.
Its a no brainer as far as I am concerned.

Last edited by A pause for the COZ; October 11, 2012 at 08:40 PM.

Page generated in 0.02368 seconds with 8 queries