View Single Post
Old March 16, 2014, 07:53 PM   #9
GWS

I haven't made it back to the reloading room yet...this evening, I hope.

Bart, I did pre-measure, but I did not size without the expander. So if I do and the die makes .000 brass before expanding, then what options are there outside of buying a bushing die....are there better expanders? Hornady or Redding carbide replacements? I've heard there isn't much of an improvement over just turning and polishing what I've got......Oh, btw, I forgot to say that before these operations I polished the expander just a little in a drill press.

Incidentally, does it effect concentricity where the expander is tightened down as long as it is through the neck & free in the case before you pull it out?

Quote:
F. Guffy said: I have never been impressed with Imperial sizing wax
Well I was....until this experience. I certainly proved that the RCBS lube pad is superior for sizing blinged 7.62 brass! RCBS has stated in their "Faqs" that 90% of their stuck-case removal operations for customers, are cases stuck with "wax products". People guffawed at that accusing RCBS of being proprietorially biased.....but then they can rebrand the wax product like Hornady did, and sell the hell out of it....but they didn't.

Not to worry about the "two hand operation." It lasted for 4 attempts on 4 cases.....and only two to completion (scary it was). Those 2 were scrapped.

I'll pass on the "cam" argument. RCBS presses are all I own, so no point.

I AM waiting for you to tell me what "the good stuff" is, though. I hope not motor oil......that's the messiest oil it the world....it gets everywhere!

You don't like Lanolin either I take it.

Last edited by GWS; March 16, 2014 at 08:02 PM.

Page generated in 0.03164 seconds with 8 queries