View Single Post
Old April 12, 2013, 08:11 PM   #6
Dragline45

Quote:
I really like the Sig P226 or maybe P229. I've also heard good things about the Springfield XDs and the Glock 19.
Realize that the Sig 226 and 229 trigger types differ significantly from the Glock or XDS. The Sig's traditionally have a DA/SA trigger, meaning the first trigger pull will be a long double action pull like a revolver. Essentially what you are doing with that first trigger pull is cocking the hammer and dropping the hammer all in one pull, hence the name double action. After the first shot, when the slide retracts to the rear it automatically cocks the hammer for the next shot. So each subsequent shot will be a light crisp single action trigger pull. The Glock and the XD are striker fired, there is no hammer and every shot will have the same trigger pull from the first to the last. Read up on DA/SA triggers and striker fired triggers to get a real good understanding of each before you make a decision. And of course dry fire them in the shop to get a feel for the trigger before buying.

If you really like the Sig 226 or 229 but find the grip is too large for your hands, take a good look at the Sig 239. Plan to pick one up for myself sometime down the road.

Last edited by Dragline45; April 12, 2013 at 08:18 PM.

Page generated in 0.02870 seconds with 8 queries