View Single Post
Old February 16, 2011, 01:37 PM   #18
poppa59hd

Bill Akin: After browsing thru some of these threads/replys, I keep seeing this "Kirst conversion" getting mentioned. I've never heard of it before, guess I learn something new every day. Old dogs can learn new things! Even saw pics of a fella converted a Walker to cartridge and came up with his own cartridge, .45BPM if I recall correctly. Looks to be a small caliber hand artillery piece, if you ask me, but he says he can swap out the cylinder and go back to c/b if he wants. When I had my Walker, all I ever planned to do was put a catch on the loading lever. I wonder if those "Kirst conversions" are still available and how much $$ they want for them. Uberti makes an 1871 Open Top reproduction. It has a loading gate and ejector like the 1873 Colt.I also suppose Colt went to the top strap with the 1873 for a reason, but the open top revolvers always looked so cool! LOL The Dance Bothers was a knock-off of the 1860 Colt and I guess, under the circumstances which the Dance Brothers came into being (the War of Northern Aggresion), some corners had to be cut. I'm happy with my "counterfiet".

Page generated in 0.02520 seconds with 8 queries