View Single Post
Old August 3, 2002, 06:09 PM   #15
Alex Johnson

My father has the cavalry model LeMatt, which I probably have shot more than him. I never shot the shotgun barrel with a slug, but I've put a few loads of buckshot through it. Frankly I have to admit that it is an impressive weapon when you consider the 9 chambers in the revolver and the shotgun barrel at your command. Loading it, I thought, was somewhat awkward because of the European style loading lever. Accuracy wise it was more than acceptable, but the thick post front sight coupled with a small sighting notch made any real fine aiming a diffculty, but than again I very much doubt this pistol was intended for use on any but close quarter targets. It would have been nice if they would have made this pistol double action like the Adams and Star revolvers, I bet it would have had more popularity in such an instance, but nevertheless it is still quite a pistol.
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Mark Twain

Page generated in 0.02937 seconds with 8 queries