View Single Post
Old November 23, 2002, 03:32 PM   #12
Southla1
Member In Memoriam

I had a friend of mine that was deer hunting (archery) from a tree stand with a friend of his. He saw an old man walking through the woods with his grandson and a 12 gauge double. He saw the old man stop and look at him up in the tree. He waved at the old man, the old man raised the side by side and knocked him right out of the tree with a load of 7-1/2. Butch was hollering at him. The old man was truly astounded. He apologized and said he thought he was a squirrel! Butch asked him if he ever saw a f*****g 290 pound squirrel wearing an orange hat.

Hell he played pulling guard just 3 years before this happened for the University of Southwestern Louisiana Division 1A school ....... a squirrel? Woudda took a lot of onions to smother that one down.

Butch said the fall through all the branches and into that briar patch hurt a hellofa lot more than the shot did. Only 2 penetrated and they worked their way out on their own. He did have 2 bruised ribs and had to miss a 7 day hitch of work offshore.......... I told him oh well it was worth it then for a week off with pay!

Page generated in 0.03625 seconds with 8 queries