View Single Post
Old September 28, 2012, 09:27 PM   #1
awaveritt

Range Report for my new-to-me Uberti 1866 Winchester

In a previous thread I posted the pollowing: http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=501420

Finally got to the range today to shake down my new-to-me Uberti 1866 Winchester. I just had time to do some informal offhand shooting at 25 yds to familiarize myself with the rifle and to check functionality and accuracy. Hopefully, if I attached the pic correctly, you can see the groups fired today. The center group was the first group fired from the rifle. I was using my handloaded 45 Colt Starline brass with 8 grains of Unique. Half the rounds were Alox lubed and the other was 50/40/10 Beeswax/Crisco/Lanolin. I fired 90 rounds without a malfunction and the rifle was more accurate than I was in my hurried lunch-hour session. All in All, I was very pleased with the rifle's condition, functionality and accuracy. Since I was at an indoor range, I left my Goex rounds at home but hope to run some soon.

Also, I might add that the rifle came with really beautiful wood and fit and finish was pleasing as well. I'm just a real happy camper. I'll try to downsize and post a couple more pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG-20120928-00466.jpg (218.4 KB, 49 views)

Page generated in 0.03764 seconds with 9 queries