Thread: 686 spring kits
View Single Post
Old March 15, 2007, 09:35 AM   #13
Mike Irwin
Staff

"If you choose the potentially unsafe route of messing with the springs you should attend an armouror's course to be sure you don't defeat essential internal safety features."

Simply swaping out the springs on a Smith & Wesson revolver will NOT defeat the internal safety mechanisms!

If you reinstall the passive block (IF the gun was originally designed with one) and if you don't start grinding on parts with a dremel, you will NOT defeat essential internal safety features.

Once again, I have to ask, what is it about revolvers that makes everyone start pissing their pants?

I've yet to see similar anything even remotely resembling a similar reaction to someone talking about replacing the springs in a semi-auto, even ones that require quite a bit of disassembly.

Usually those messages are met with great acclaim, chest beating, hooting, and congratulatory beverages.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.

Page generated in 0.03278 seconds with 8 queries