View Single Post
Old March 23, 2009, 08:12 PM   #25
protectedbyglock

Those are some very cool ranges!

I used to have a great place to shoot at my father's house. Big rolling fields, etc.
Then the neighbor (cool old man) died and left the his property to his a-hole son. Within 2 weeks of him taking ownership, he sent certified letters to all the surrounding property owners saying that if they were caught on his property he would prosecute. We all used to share the land around us and fish and shoot wherever. Heck, my dad even let this guys relatives drive through the bottom of our yard to get to the river.
Now, the guy put a horse right in the middle and none of us can shoot anymore.
So I joined a club with a range. No big deal, I guess.
I tried to shoot a .22CB short in my back yard this weekend and the neighbor lady came out of her house, ran back in, and I guess called the cops. A cop car rolled by really slow about 10mins later. These freakin' people are so stupid. All I was trying to do was get a rat!

They also come out with a broom anytime I mow my yard and sweep any grass clippings back into my yard that were carried into theirs by the wind, and they keep telling me I need to buy a bagger and bag all my clippings because it looks "terrible".

So, like a good boy, I went to the range this weekend with one of my .223s. I was the only person on the outdoor range, and made about 100 shots or so. Then the damn state cops show up. [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]? They didn't even stop, but still. You know some paranoid idiot, with nothing better to do, called them just because they heard shots. This range is at the end of a dirt road in the middle of nowhere, so I doubt that the cop was just passing by...
How could you call the police when you live by a RIFLE RANGE!?

What the heck is wrong with people?
I grew up around here and gun shots were an everyday occurence. You almost had to worry if you didn't hear gunshots.
Very different now, I guess, with all the city folk commuters and such.

Page generated in 0.03415 seconds with 8 queries