View Single Post
Old January 3, 2009, 06:46 PM   #1
aviva194

Barricade shooting - Police Pistol Combat

Greetings! Today for the first time I shot a Police Pistol Combat match, and got myself chastised by the R.O. for what he told me was improper technique.

I was trained by the Army, and was taught some standard do's and don't re: barricade shooting:

DON'T extend the barrel of your weapon past the barricade
DON'T lean on the barricade for support
DO keep both feet behind the barricade
DONT expose more that a minimal portion of your torso to the target

The R.O. told me today that when shooting both left and right hand barricade, by hand MUST touch the barricade. This just doesn't seem right to me - if I'm touching the barricade with my hand, the barrel of my weapon is too far in front of the barricade for comfort. It messes with the recoil. It messes with my support hand (on both sides).

Since I was the new kid at the range and it was my first time, I kept my mouth shut, but in my brain, I wondered. I know every group has different ways of doing things, and certainly I want to be compliant.

My understanding is that in most of the shooting sport formats, there a specific positional guidelines, and certain rules which, when violated, result in a DQ, but generally, as long as you are shooting safely, effectively, and in compliance with the rules, a little bit of flexibility in individual shooter body position is allowed.

Can anyone provide me some insight?

Page generated in 0.02500 seconds with 8 queries