View Single Post
Old April 13, 2008, 09:58 AM   #10
Baba Louie

Taurus Model 80, think South American clonish 5 screw Pinned but not Recessed Model 10. Don't know when their mfg started. My Dad bought his back in the 70's but I couldn't tell you the price (tho since he was notoriously cheap, er, frugal, it had to cost less than a real M10 from S&W by a bunch).

Based on liking his .38, I bought my first Taurus 82 and 85 back in the mid 80's after I bought my Beretta cloned PT-99, so I'd assume the mfg on the old 5 screw design stopped sometime before that. I've still got the 3", 82 and it is one heck of an accurate, good, inexpensive wheelgun. The 85's got traded or gifted off.

Look on the inside of the frame at the crane and see if there is a stamped # "80", that should be the model # location (it is on mine anyway). The crane will have a different assembly number on it. My Dad's has fixed sights with the top strap sorta checkered ala M27, the funky machined linear grooves in the cylinder flutes, blued and it is a shooter. Still locks up tighter than a good drum. (whatever that means) This ones serial No.# is a 9262** FWIW.

Good luck on finding anything out unless you speak Portuguese and can afford to call or travel to Brazil.
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington, January 8, 1790, First State of the Union Address

Page generated in 0.03658 seconds with 8 queries