Thread: Saiga 12
View Single Post
Old July 15, 2011, 07:11 AM   #28
Sahagan

I have a pair of Saiga 12's, one I've converted, and one still pagan. However, when it comes to reliability, both of them are 100 percent. Of course, I check them daily with anywhere from 5 to 20 rounds.

Both of them have been reprofiled and polished internally, which insures smooth as glass operation. I've done all the work on mine, and every bit of it is easy to do, fairly inexpensive, and it's work that does show clear improvement.

I also have a pair of Benelli M1/Super 90's. The older of the two holds 9, if you ghost one on the lifter, the other 8....and they're sitting gathering dust in the safe. I also have pumps, but when it go to lay hand on a shotgun, it will virtually always be a Saiga.

If shooting 9 rounds out of a Benelli is fun, emptying a 20 round drum with the Saiga is insane; makes you want to dance. I use mine often times for old farm shed/toilet etc. destruction. They'll make something like that into little pieces of potential mulch really quickly. And with breacher rounds? Whoa!!!

My first Saiga shotgun taught me lots about the AK platform, so now I have several Saiga 7.62s and AK47s. I think that's probably where I'll stay insofar as rifles and shotguns are concerned. I'm looking next to by a Saiga .308.

Page generated in 0.03049 seconds with 8 queries