View Single Post
Old October 30, 2013, 10:13 AM   #11
lcpiper

Really neat rifle the Evans.

I may not find what I am looking for though.

I am interested in making a suppressed SBR Lever gun for hunting as it is now legal in AZ to hunt with suppressors. One problem is that for many lever guns, shortening the barrel will also shorten the magazine tube and lower magazine capacity.

I though I recalled that some pump and maybe even lever guns had a tube magazine in the butt stock and though one of these might be perfect. Of course a pump would still need to be longer because of the hardware supporting the pump action, but a lever gun is another story.

Now I have seen that some of the Brownings and a few others have a box magazine and this might do it, but they generally have low capacity magazines as well.

Another pertinent issue is the chambering as some might be better then others, for instance, I would think it would be very easy to get subsonic .45LC ammo and that subsonic .45LC would sacrifice much as the round was naturally designed for lower velocities. I would be interested in other suggestions for rifle or pistol calibers that are low velocity and would make a good hunting round for things like javelina or wild boar.

I think that the Rossi Ranch Hand pistols would make an easy transition but I am not sold on their quality and as I am going to put about $700 or more in suppressor and NFA tax stamps into this gun an extra couple hundred for a quality base rifle would probably be worth it.

Marlins and Winchesters immediately come to mind, perhaps a 94AE Trapper. Anyway, if any of you know of a rifle that would be a dead ringer for what I am looking to do please point me to it, Thank You.

Page generated in 0.03401 seconds with 8 queries