View Single Post
Old June 14, 2005, 06:07 PM   #29
stephen426

One thing you guys really need to consider is if you have kids in the house. There is a new law requiring you to safely stow your firearms so kids don't have access to it. I don't have any kiddies yet but we are hoping to start a family soon.

Right now, I have my 1911 in a pistol case in my night stand. My wife has the GP100 between the mattress and the bed frame. When we have kids, I will most likely get that safe someone linked to with the hand shaped key pad. I know that Murphey's Law says that these kind of devices will fail you when you need them most but you got to keep the kiddies safe. One good thing is it lets you know if someone attempted to open the safe (you can ground the kids for life) and there is a delay if the wrong code is entered 3 times.

I also have an 85 lb. akita that keeps an eye and ear on things as well as an alarm system. I know neither is fool proof but if there is a professional after me, I figure I'm toast anyways. I guess I just better not piss anyone off to the point where they would want to off me!

Page generated in 0.03102 seconds with 8 queries