View Single Post
Old August 9, 2013, 12:13 AM   #1
Nate7504

Please educate me on this firearm

Hello all,and thank you for taking the time to read this! First off I am a total noob when it comes to firearms,truth be told I have never fired anything larger then a pellet gun,so with that being said please forgive my severe lack of knowledge! I recently purchased a six shot revolver,ingraved on top of the barel is the following...HARINGTON&RICHARDSON ARMS COMPANY.second line...WARCHESTER MASS USA.PATD OCT 4th 1887,(I think) marked on the star shaped thing that ejects the shells 823,stamped on the front of the cylinder where the shells are loaded 823,under the left grip 6823.the finish is nickel there are no other markings that I can find,it is break action.also the grips have a target looking symbol on both of them,I am not terribly conserned with the value,more so was wondering the caliber,if I can purchase shells,how old it might be things like that? I only paid $30 bucks for it,and I would say 85% of the finish is intact,and all the movement of the parts feels very tight (as in still in good working order) still very precise.thank you so much for any info you folks can provide.

Page generated in 0.03464 seconds with 8 queries