View Single Post
Old February 20, 2001, 02:16 AM   #1
Casey

Hello all.

I had two Dillon SDB's, but sold one just the other day (to a friend that I also sold a Baer Premier II - it's amazing the length you'll go through to get someone shooting in competition!). I sold it, as I realized that the only round I was shooting that I could reload on a SDB was 45 ACP. Now, about 75% of my pistol shooting is with a 45, but it is irritating that Dillon doesn't make SDB dies for 9x23 Win or 9x18 Mak, which are the only other two pistol calibers I shoot.

I was loading my 9x23 Win with some 9x19 dies, but it didn't work really well so I shifted it back over to my Rock Chucker. This is not a lot of fun, reloading pistol rounds with a single stage, although I must admit the old RCBS does still produce great ammo.

As I understand the Dillon XL 650, it allows you to use any standard loading die set to load your ammo. I have never seen one, so I have no idea other than pictures. My rifle sets are two die and my pistol die sets are three dies.

I have several questions.

Do you buy different heads to mount them on?
Is it an adjustment that you make?
Is there any reason not to use my RCBS dies and to buy Dillons die sets?
How do the RCBS dies allow you to insert powder?

Inquiring minds (or at least mine) want to know.

Thanks for any information you can give. If I can use my RCBS dies, I can take the money I got from the SDB and put some more with it and get me one.

Casey

"To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men."
Abraham Lincoln

Page generated in 0.03169 seconds with 8 queries