View Single Post
Old February 11, 2014, 04:23 PM   #1
TheFineLine

My ongoing Rossi debacle

I bought a NIB Rossi 92 lever in 44 mag around Christmas 2012.

February 2013 I finally get it out to the range and after the first 15 rounds or so the ejector stopped working. I sent it in, they fixed and returned in about 2 weeks.

April 2013, I took it to the range, put another 15 or so through it and the mag tube is sticking 2 inches out past the muzzle. I sent it in, they fixed and returned it about 2 weeks later.

May 2013, I took it out and lo and behold, 15 rounds in the mag tube pops back out. I've shot it three times and its failed each time even after two factory 'repairs'. I'm thoroughly disgusted. I talked to them today. I told them I'm done with this rifle. They can take it back and either give me a full refund or give me a new rifle. I don't want one of their 92 models. I told them I’d like a Rio Grande 30-30 instead (same price).

August 2013 So I got the same rifle back today. It has a new barrel and mag tube however the barrel is all scratched to hell in front of and behind the rear sight and the metal ring that holds it all together is also scratched up. I called them again and asked how a rifle on its 3rd trip back could be sent out without any qc. Well I have another fedex label and its on its way back now for its 4th repair trip.. Just thoroughly disgusted with rossi. I mean really what the heck, man.

September 2013, So I missed the call but got the message today that they are replacing the rifle with a Rio Grande 30-30. They said to call back with FFL info and they'd ship one right out. I'm glad they are trying to make it right. I called back with the FFL info and it turns out though that the Rio Grande 30-30 is on backorder but they should have it within 6 weeks. Well, it’s been almost a year so what’s another 6 weeks.

January 2014 (yeah, not 6 weeks) , I got in the rifle. At cursory inspection it looks good. I put it up until I get a chance to go shoot it.
February 2014 I ordered a scope to put on it and got it in today. I pull out the rifle and begin to level the scope and realize that the magazine tube angles out almost 30 degrees to the side at the end of the barrel and it looks like someone may have removed some of the wood where the mag tube exits the wood foregrip just to get it to fit. I have a new fedex label………………………………..

I will never ever again buy another Rossi product, ever.

Last edited by Brian Pfleuger; February 12, 2014 at 10:00 AM.

Page generated in 0.02710 seconds with 8 queries