View Single Post
Old January 8, 2009, 12:44 AM   #1
danweasel

"I'd rather be caught with it than caught without it."

I realize that this is going to be a can of worms. I'll post it anyways.

So, I have a buddy who lives in a really bad neighborhood. He is not eligible for a CCP where he lives (due to stuff that he was semi-involved with 12 or so years ago). He also carries a concealed pistol and has for many years. He is a decent family man and a good guy (for the sake of this post it would be nice if you could just trust me on this but it's not neccessary I suppose) and he has never got into any trouble over the gun although he told me he has had to draw it at least 10 times. At least twice was in his home. I don't know if he can own no pistols or just not get a CCP. Anyways, I don't really have a question I just was wondering what to make of this and would like to hear some opinions on it. I guess one question would be what can I say to make him even consider the consequences of carrying illegally?

By the way, the title of this post is what he says is an unoffical motto of sorts where he lives.

EDIT: This question is most likely out of line... If it was you, If tommorow your permit got revoked would you stop carrying if you felt you where in danger? By revoked, I mean possibly for getting into a bar fight and having a bad lawyer or something along those lines. This is incidentally NOT the case with my friend. I don't expect anyone to put an answer ti this out there on the internet. Just something to think about I guess.

Thanks,

Dan

Last edited by danweasel; January 8, 2009 at 12:48 AM. Reason: added the last part.

Page generated in 0.02187 seconds with 8 queries