View Single Post
Old December 3, 2009, 06:47 PM   #36
warnerwh

I never worry about how much my ammo costs because it's not expensive and far less than retail. My .44 and .357 midrange loads which I almost always use cost 6.50 for the .44 and 8.00 for the .357 where I use jacketed bullets only. To load max loads for the .44 with a JHP it's costing 9.00 or so. For the .357 it's about 8.50. However I bought these supplies years ago and I can tell it would be a little more with today's higher prices.

It's so nice to not give going shooting a second thought. If I had to buy 2-3 boxes of ammo at retail for either the .357 or .44 I wouldn't go shooting due to the expense. Prices are so high I'd feel like I'm being ripped off some how.

My .44 load is a little too hot for a .44 special but significantly less than a full power .44. I can't buy something comparable to what I feel is the best load for my use. It can be an enjoyable pass time as well. Keep your stuff and at least try it. If you were near me I'd give you a few hundred primers to get you going. Maybe you could try to see if someone could go in on the same order with you. If you order one case of 5,000 primers and split the hazmat and shipping costs the cost per primer will still be acceptable. Your reloaded ammo will be much less expensive than 15.00 a box. You'll be glad you didn't bag it.

Last edited by warnerwh; December 3, 2009 at 07:00 PM.

Page generated in 0.02958 seconds with 8 queries