View Single Post
Old May 7, 2013, 04:31 PM   #8
tulsamal

Quote:
(2) when not on his person keeping the gun locked up in a safe/case to which the prohibited person doesn't have the combination or key.
When my Dad decided to plead guilty to a non-violent felony... his lawyer told him to give up any ideas of "finessing" the law. My Dad had asked him about selling his guns to his wife and putting them all in a new safe and only the wife having the combination. The lawyer told Dad that nobody was going to believe that a husband in that situation wouldn't have knowledge of the combination. Or, for that matter, that the guns really belonged to the wife. He asked what would happen if a judge put Mom on the stand and started asking her specific questions about the guns, what kind of ammo, what kind of scope, when you last fired it, at what, etc? My Mom can't tell a .22 LR from a .44 Magnum so he had a point....

So I guess it depends on who you are and what your relationship is. I would consider guns locked in a safe to be "secure" from a rental roommate. But I can see what the lawyer was talking about... people that have been married for 50 years don't have secured areas from each other.

Gregg

Page generated in 0.02133 seconds with 8 queries