View Single Post
Old November 1, 2008, 12:43 PM   #47
BuckHammer

I just want to clarify my post and my statements. Musketeer, you are indeed correct in saying that it was unfair for me to suggest that everyone would react to a situation in the same way I would. Those with at least some training could pull off a "two in the chest, one in the head" exercise when it comes down to it. However, I do not have the means to afford this kind of training (ammo costs, simulation of stress, and other elements), and I imagine that the general populous shares my inability. Therefore, I believe it is unwise to make statements that some without the ability to follow through might take as instruction. The head is a very small target that is typically higher in altitude (which allows for more bullet travel in the case of a miss) than center mass (like a chest shot). Since center mass is a much larger target, I believe that for the common man without training for a "two in the chest, one in the head" maneuver (such as myself), continuously shooting a BG in the chest (while aiming of course) may be more wise. That being said, I believe that "two in the chest, one in the head" is a much more effective method of stopping a threat than only chest shots for those trained in the use of that method.

Also, when I said that "two in the chest, one in the head" was considered "execution style", I was not referring to those who are educated on that subject. I was referring to people such as police, prosecutors, and others who are not necessarily educated on the subject and who tend to think the worst of someone who has just killed another person. For example, with a lack of witnesses, a dead body with "two in the chest, one in the head" tends to look "professional". However, I know that all of the good people here will call the police if anything horrible like that would ever happen to them, and there would undoubtedly be witnesses. However, if worse came to worst and the victim who defended himself were prosecuted, the prosecutor would undoubtedly use the term "execution style" when referring to the shooting. To be fair, I should have made that distinction when I posted my remarks.

Page generated in 0.03422 seconds with 8 queries