Thread: My last Ruger
View Single Post
Old March 20, 2013, 07:48 PM   #30
Super Sneaky Steve

As I said before, the only note in the box said that the cylinder was replaced and test fired.

I have no idea what ammo they were using but now a days you have to shoot what you can find. I have a 550 box of Winchesters that wont' fit, a few boxes of Winchester Wildcat ammo, some Federal match and 100 CCI Mini Mags that I like to save for my Bobcat which I carry for SD.

No they didn't say FU, but that's how I feel when they send a gun back that doesn't function properly.

This revolver wasn't cheap I expect it to function the way it's supposed to. I don't have a mic to measure it properly yet. They do.

My Vaquero was so tight that when I would shoot lead rounds I'd get a blue wad of lube on my target next to the hole the bullet made. The cylinder would swage a .452 bullet down so tight that the lube would be completely stripped then it gets flung out in a wad behind the bullet.

According to them, that's functioning properly. I had to spend money to ream it myself, like so many other people do. That's why the Cylindersmith is never short of new business.

I'm just upset that I have to buy another reamer to get this new revolver to function the way it should.

My old S&W M63 fires all the above ammo all day long like a champ. I wanted this Bearcat to make for a fun plinker, but it's not fun when you break your fingernails trying to pluck out stuck cases.

Page generated in 0.03062 seconds with 8 queries