View Single Post
Old August 21, 2011, 09:05 PM   #12
Nevmavrick

To address a misconception...Max loads are usually written as "max recomended loads."
All the factors for pressure are taken into consideration, but are mostly unknowns as far as YOUR equipment is concerned. When someone, either one of the factories, or another reloader, gives you an opinion on a particular load, it's a given that if you use it, you will drop back some, then work it up.
Think of this..Your gun is different ( longer/shorter throat, tighter/looser tube, longer/shorter barrel, and longer/tighter chamber)
Now to get even scarier...Your powder is probably a different lot, as well as your cases, primers, and bullets! The other shooter, may not mention the COAL.
To continue...Your scale MAY not be EXACTLY the same as the other guy. Yes, it's true...a grain MAY not be a grain.
My main point is that if you load WAY too hot, your gun MAY not blow up. The safety factor is based on the strength of the CASE, not the gun. Of course, I'm not talking about Damascus-steel, or junk. I'm saying the you are using quality componants
You load 62gr of Bullseye in an '06 with a 180gr bullet and YES....you will exceed the strength of the steel, or SOME part of the gun, but a little extra powder, will prolly not cause that much trouble, tho' you may ruin the gun.
Dang...gotta go to work. I'll be back.
Have fun,
Gene

Page generated in 0.02352 seconds with 8 queries