View Single Post
Old March 26, 2011, 01:40 PM   #1
TyCarp

Cycling Problems - 9mm

First off wanted to say I'm new to reloading and this seems like a good forum. Lot of good information here.

I was reloading 9mm with Unique using Berry's 124gr hollow points using Lee's auto disk. Lee's Modern Reloading - 2nd Edition did not have information for Unique 124gr copper plated so I searched and some other people on here had ran into that same problem and said it would be OK to use 125gr jacketed bullet information for Unique. This load had a starting load of 4.8 grains and calls for the .49 Autodisk which I used. Never exceed was 4.9 grains. I kept OAL at 1.155 as the minimum is 1.15 and much larger than 1.16 its a tight fit in the magazine.

I walked out back and shot 20 rounds of this load through my Glock 19. About half the time the case would not even eject and if it did the next round would not chamber completely.

If you look at the Auto-disk capacity chart it has the .49 size hole providing 4.5 grains and .53 putting out 4.9 grains, which would be the Never exceed load. My question is this. Would it be OK to go to .53?

The casings come out with black on one side which is a sign of low pressure meaning I should be able to bump up to 4.9 grains, correct?

Thanks in advance, guys

Page generated in 0.03551 seconds with 8 queries