View Single Post
Old November 10, 2009, 01:17 AM   #7
2amencw

ar trigger problem

I have had a similar problem with some of my ars. Definitely dont shoot it like this, you will probably get a burst going. That can be big trouble. I would replace the entire fcg.If it still does it absolutely sned it back to the factory, your pin holes might be out of spec. Check the disconnector spring, they can actually be put in upside down. This happened to me with my first ar. three round burst later got it figured out. I would avoid the light weight springs altogether. Stick with a standard spring and just polish the parts, I use a felt wheel with jewelers rouge. Dont let any heat build up. I had a light spring just recently and it turned out to be crappy parts quality. It would actually cause a static position in the trigger/ hammer cycle. The hammer and trigger have to be driven fast enough by the springs to get to their lock positions and not miss each other. If the hammer moves faster than the trigger reset you will be rockin and rollin. dont be afraid to buy several sets of parts. You should replace the internals at certain intervals anyway. And parts definitely can break, chip or warp. Be careful and keep asking questions.

Page generated in 0.03245 seconds with 8 queries