View Single Post
Old February 23, 2010, 09:51 PM   #3
Leejack

I'm contemplating one of these guns myself.

Couple things to consider befor jumping (keep in mind that Smith and Ruger have always been my 2 favorite manufacturers):

The disassembly on the Ruger is ridiculous. Watch the vidoes on the website. You got to be kidding me. I've been to 4 stores including Lowes and Home Depot looking for a plastic or wooden hammer and a drift. They look at you like you're crazy. They don't carry them. Ruger warranty, maybe a B+.

People squawk about the plastic spacer on the Smith. So what if you have to change it every once in a while, 3 come with the gun and Smith will send them to you free if you ask. Changing it is nothing. No tools required for takedown. Smith warranty, second to none.

Browning has no warranty, check out their website and try to find it. I couldn't so I called. Here's what the lady told me: There is no warranty; it's an "implied warranty". What does that mean I asked? It means you send in the gun at your expense, and we determine if it is our defect. If it is, we'll fix it for free for up to five years. Key words: "your air shipping expense", and "they determine" if it was their fault. See ya!

I think both the guns you mentioned are good guns. There are probably more Rugers out there and Ruger will easily win your poll, but don't sell the Smith short, or the Browning for that matter. These are all good guns. There are countless thousands of people having lots of fun with these guns every day. When somebody chimes in and bashes any of these guns, take it with a grain of salt.

You won't go wrong with the one you pick. I think there are pros and cons for each, but they are all good.

Lee

Page generated in 0.04083 seconds with 8 queries