View Single Post
Old August 2, 2011, 01:14 PM   #12
manta49

Just wondering why so many advice carrying in condition 1 . I can see someone in a war zone or in immediate danger carrying a pistol in condition 1 is it necessary when driving to the shopping. ND.s do happen and when you have a gun loaded but no round in the chamber they are less likely to happen. I think people with limited experience with pistols carrying in con 1 is asking for trouble, they are more likely to shoot themselves than someone shoot them.

Shoppers recall silence, fear in Lynnwood Lowe's store when man shot himself in testicles
The victim won't talk, but those who were nearby when a man accidentally shot himself in the groin inside a Lynnwood Lowe's store last weekend say it was a frightening experience.

Archive | Man accidentally shoots himself in testicles
For a few seconds, there was total silence at Lowe's Home Improvement in Lynnwood just after the gunshot went off at 12:30 on Sunday afternoon.

"It was dead quiet," remembers Jim Fischer, a Shoreline Fire Department paramedic who happened to be at the checkout line with his wife, Kim. They're doing a bathroom remodel.

These days, you hear a loud bang while shopping, and it's hard not to think the worst.

"I'm thinking, if it's an active shooter, we're bolting," Fischer says.

Then a Lowe's employee shouted for somebody to call an ambulance, that somebody had shot himself.

OK, Fischer decided, I better go see if I can help the victim.

It turned out to be a story that by the next day would go viral on the Web:

A 41-year-old Lynnwood man had accidentally shot himself in the testicles at Lowe's.

For those at the scene, it would be something they'll remember as initially scary, and then, as they learned the details ... the guy did what?

Helping the victim, who was wearing black sweatpants, Fischer asked how it happened.

"He says, 'It was in my waistband, and I felt it starting to slip, reached for it, and I must have positioned my finger so the trigger went off," Fischer remembered Thursday.

A Lynnwood police report about the incident says the gun was a Glock 30, a compact pistol described by the manufacturer as "the legendary .45 caliber."

Page generated in 0.03435 seconds with 8 queries