View Single Post
Old November 28, 2008, 06:27 PM   #14
mtlucas0311

Just to clarify, I didn't mean that he shouldn't take advice from fellow bullseye shooters, I just think that a new shooter doesn't have the ability to distinguish someone who's knowledgeable from someone who really isn't with respect to bullseye. He seemed to indicate that he's not shot with any "good target shooters", so I figured he was maybe paying to shoot somewhere, trying to learn by himself. Around me place's like that tend to have a few more know it alls than clubs with bullseye leagues do, because bullseye shooters will usually call out somebody preaching bunk technique to a new shooter. From my experience the know it alls tend to push crazy stances and grips on people trying to learn. That's what I meant by "don't listen to them" and "stick to the fundamentals" (a.k.a. what you would read in literature like the AMU manual). Hope I didn't come off as abrasive in my post, it was not my intention. I just hate to see new shooters get frustrated when they have to try and un-learn bad habits they picked up from somebody who claimed to know more than they really do.
Good call on the .22 auto to start.

Last edited by mtlucas0311; November 28, 2008 at 06:35 PM.

Page generated in 0.03807 seconds with 8 queries