View Single Post
Old December 18, 2012, 08:49 AM   #6
Magnum Wheel Man

Quote:
Get em both! That's what I did.
... I've got 2 spots on my wall for the 357 versions... the 45 Colt Vaquero Montados are my favorites ( I have a pair of consecutive serialed Montados in 45 Colt )... but don't have a single action 357 yet... I reload, so the 45 Colt is reasonable to shoot, I shoot CAS, & use a 45 Colt lever gun as well...

I have a 38 / 357 lever gun for MRS to use for CAS ( if she wants to ), & right now, a pair of 32 Mag Single Sixes... it's way more convienient shooting CAS with the same cartridge for both the rifle & the revolvers, so a pair of the 357 mags are definately in my future...

... & just to clairify, the Vaquero, is not "Ruger loads only" strong, those should be reserved for the Blackhawk / Super Blackhawks... the frame on the Vaqueros are sized the same as the old Colts, so I don't shoot "hot" 45 Colt loads... I've been told the 357 version, can handle a little more heat, because of the thicker cylinder walls with the smaller 357 chambers, but remember, the frame is still lighter / smaller than their Blackhawk brothers so keep that in mind, & avoid those "Ruger only" loads

Page generated in 0.03022 seconds with 8 queries