View Single Post
Old May 18, 2005, 03:53 PM   #7
skidmark

Location: Richmond VA - home of a street full of second-place trophies.
"Given the limited facts in the story, I don't see any cause to speculate at this point whether he needed one round or four. I'll assume he fired what he felt he needed to fire inorder to cease the hostile actions of the bg, unless facts surface to cast doubt on that."

I agree completely, but that was not the point of my post.

Maryland is not known to be friendly towards gun-owners, and even less so to those who have used their gun(s). I anticipate that the DA will look at each round shot as being seperate and distinct from all others. As such, shots #2 - #4 could be cause for charges against the homeowner.

This is probably "not right" but it is most likely the way things are. That being so, I want to follow the story & see if MD puts the screws to the homeowner for what may have been (agree - not enough info yet to know) good training & tactics of shooting the bg to the ground as the way to determine that the threat has been stopped.

Unfortunately, it will not be "what he felt he needed to fire inorder to cease the hostile actions of the bg" but what the DA thinks the homeowner should have been allowed to do.

stay safe.

skidmark

Page generated in 0.02099 seconds with 8 queries