View Single Post
Old February 18, 2002, 09:01 PM   #21
Willy

graystar,

Sorry, but I have to say you are wrong again. Just concentrating on handguns, I ship my handguns via 2 day all the time. LIKTOSHOOT is correct. The contract carriers make up the rules in this regard. There are no laws requiring that handguns go via overnight for contract carriers. You may remember that UPS has only required handguns go overnight for a short amount of time. I believe it was less than three years ago they came out with their "new" policy that required overnight shipping. I have heard rumors of many packages going over the fence in Georgia that were destined for Glock. LIKTOSHOOT is right that they had too many firearms stolen and UPS needed to protect our packages from their employees.

In addition, FedEx will allow 2 day air shipments on handguns. Just ask your station manager.

You are correct that the package contents must be declared, by law.

The section, Sec. 178.94, that you quote shows the second error you made, in its title; "Sales or deliveries between licensees. "

Demogorgo is a non-licensee. He is not required by law to obtain a copy of the recieving FFL's license. It is good practice to do so, so that you have verifiable proof after the fact, that you were shipping to a licensee, but it is not required by law as far as I have learned or have researched. If you have a cite I would like to see it.

O.K., no flame suit this time but I am going to go out and catch a crow, right now, in case I need it later after you find a cite. Of course, after having to eat crow often, like me, you get used to crow after a while. I like mine fried in peanut oil. It stays juicy that way, don't ya know. : )

Page generated in 0.02268 seconds with 8 queries