View Single Post
Old October 21, 2005, 01:49 AM   #2
Blackwater OPS

In this case getting back in your car and leaving would be your best bet. Call local PD of course. If you stab/shoot an unarmed individual in that situation you will go to jail for murder.(unless of course you are in GENUINE fear for your LIFE, then do what you have to for survival)

Also, "Get away from me" or even "Don't hurt me, please!" will do a lot more for you later on if you end up in court than the somewhat inflammitory "are you threatening me".

Pepper spray is pretty great, it will take down even the largest and most determined aggressor but it simply does not work on some people, with no apparent reason. I would rather get shot.(of course, I'v never been shot, but I have been sprayed it hurts more than you can imagine)

I could inform you about "detailed strategies and techniques" but it will do you ZERO good because you will forget it all when the adrenalin starts flowing. The only way to overcome this is constant repetitive training. In the life threatening situations I have been in, everything happened to fast I had no time to think, I don't even remember doing some of the things I did, they seem incredible to me, even hard to believe. The point is, even if you carry a gun, the only thing that will save you is good, professional training.

P.S. force continuum as it applys to you(not a uniformed cop)=
1. Verbal Commands
2. Unarmed Self Defense
3.OC(pepper) Spray
4. Other NON_DEADLY Force likely to cause serious injury(IE Crowbar to the kneecap)
5.Presentation of Deadly Force(I do not reccomend this without promtly following with 6)
6. Deadly Force(gun, knife, crowbar to the head, boot to the head, ect., anthing that kills the guy PERIOD. If it killed him it was deadly force.)
Keep in mind you should be using ONE level of force ABOVE what your aggressor is using.
-Ben Franklin

Spc. Jeremy M. Campbell
Died 9/1/2005
and the best DS ever
MSG Matthew Ritz
Died 11.23.2005
matthewritz.com

For those who have had to fight for it, Life holds a special meaning that the protected will never know.

(\__/)
(='.'=) Someone set us up the bunny!
(")_(")

Page generated in 0.03409 seconds with 8 queries