View Single Post
Old October 26, 2011, 03:54 PM   #55
Nordeste

briandg,

You're right. I didn't read your previous post since I was just answering to the OP.

I haven't been to the US yet (I'm eager to, though), but I've shared a few years of my life working alongside Americans, both military or law enforcement personnel. This doesn't make me an expert, but we had time to share a few beers and compare how we do things, what we can and cannot do, etc, at either side of the pond. This said, if here, that we have -you bet- worse use of force regulations than you do, Judges, Police Supervisors and Prosecutors understand that a vehicle can be a lethal weapon, it's just hard for me to believe it's the other way around in the US. And at the end, it's that what matters, not the public's perception, which might be well far away from being right. As long as the tool used against you is likely to cause death or severe injury, the use of lethal force is justified.

The cases we had here involved officers who where down on the floor or in danger of being pinned between the car and a hard object, and if that's not a life threatening situation, please let me know what it is .

Page generated in 0.02622 seconds with 8 queries